Welcome to our blog!

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Juicing....

I recently got one of these for Christmas!
 That's a GE electric Juicer.  I've been wanting to try it for a little while.  A friend of mine posted about it awhile back and it got me on a kick reading about it, and I decided that I think I could seriously benefit from adding some fresh vegetable juice to my diet every day.  My lovely sister bought me this for Christmas.  She really is the best ;)


 My sis Joi with a couple of my munchkins :)


 I'm not on any holistic kick or anything, but I am interested in trying to take whatever healthy preventative measures I can to try and combat any of these nasty diseases that tend to pop up as you start to get older.  I did just turn thirty.....and it's also a good time for a resolution (you know...new years).  So I decided to start with today. 

My new approach to things lately has been less of restricting myself of certain things and more trying to add things that I know I need.  So instead of going on some huge diet, I have started going to the gym 4-5 days a week (well, ask me next week, since these last two have been shot with the kids out of school and christmas, etc.)  But I have been able to stick to that for a good four months so far :).  Also, the idea with the diet is to try and add more and more good things.  Seek out salads and veggies and fruits.  I'm not saying no to chocolate or cheese or whathaveyou...but the idea is, if you try to eat more of the other things, they will replace the bad stuff....I mean, who has time to eat constantly ALL day.  So if you add some things, other things end up being replaced, am I right?

Well, this is my new method as of late.  It's part of my ongoing battle to inject more moderation into my life.  I've always been from one extreme to the other....and I'm sick of it. 

So today, I'm adding fresh vegetable juice to my daily routine.  My goal is to drink at least one big glass of it every day. 

This is the recipe I made today: 

Alkaline Juicer Recipes Heaven

Apple, cucumber, celery, carrots and spinach
- 1 cup of spinach
- 1/2 cucumber
- 2 stalks of celery including leaves
- 3 carrots
- 1/2 apple

Wash all vegetables thoroughly, top the carrots, remove apple stem but don’t peel apple (the peel is full of flavonoid antioxidants), enjoy.

got this from: juicer recipes now

they've got a bunch that I want to try. 

Everybody have a great day! 
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment