Welcome to our blog!

Thursday, December 29, 2011

wanna see my next project:?

Hey!!!!  look look, I'm  posting again after just one day!  WHOOOO! 

okay, well...today is another slow day.  The kiddies are out of school and it just makes everything seem like I don't need to be in a rush to do it.  I even let my eight-year-old (gonna be nine in two days, yikes!) make lunch for everybody.  But I guess we could all use a few days of slowly moving around the house.  And the plus side is that we will all be sick of it soon and glad to get back to school, and the daily grind. 

I recently had an amazing surprise birthday party for turning the big 3-0.  It was so incredible.  I cried and nearly fell to my knees they surprised me so badly.  LOVE the people in my life :)  I am truly blessed.  Well anyways, I got a compound miter saw from my mom and my sister (AWESOME).  I also got a nail gun and a bunch of gift certificates to Lowes.  Also, with Christmas, I think I have like 250 bucks to spend there.  (it's what I asked for...and you'll see why in a moment).

I have been following the blog, ana-white.com , and I've been dying to try some of the plans she has.  In fact, I have a whole slew of stuff I want to do....but, in moderation's sake, I've decided to stick to one thing that I've been obsessing over and it's an actual need opposed to a want. 

Isla doesn't have a bed.  She has two mattresses stacked on top of each other on the floor.  I've held off on buying one for her because I wanted to build one.  Now I can!!!! yipeeee!!!  I actually didn't choose a plan from ana white , I made one up!  you want to see it?  I did a goofy little 3-d sketch on google sketch-up .  This is the general idea.....it will look a lot better in real life. 

okay....so the whole thing, I mean the back and the boards that go all the way around the front, will be upholstered, there won't be any exposed wood at all.  The pink part in the middle will be diamond tufted.  I'm not so sure the color scheme will be as it is in the picture.  I think I'm going to go for pink all over and then a different color or a pattern for the diamond tufted part.  The general theme is pink and white, though.  I'm so excited.  I have this thing completely worked out in my head, and the best part is that it is going to look crrrraaaazy expensive, and not cost me a thing ;)  thanks to my gift cards!  lol.  But even if I did have to pay for it, it isn't going to be that expensive.  I can't wait to get started.  If this one goes well, I'm going to go ahead and make a repeat one for my Sophie (even though she won't be sleeping in it for another year or so), but then they will have matching beds!  Anyways, I will let you all know how it goes!  Can you guys send me some positive thoughts that I don't get started and then completely drop the idea...haha!  Well, I'm going to try to prove myself wrong :) 

Let's hope I can remember to post again tomorrow.  Have a great one!

xoxo
~Anna

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE ANA-WHITE.COM!!! I made corgan the toddler farmhouse bed & we made the benches for the farmhouse table. Going to get around to the table one day, and build our entertainment center using her plans too. And the farmhouse poster bed for us. We are obsessed. We have a router of you want to use it to bevel the edges of the bed you're making. Just let me know! Love the plans...so beautiful! Be sure to put them on her site when you're done!!!

    ReplyDelete